9 December 2017

Graphology

WARNING: TRUMP SUPPORTERS ARE ADVISED TO IGNORE THIS POST AS HEIGHTENED BLOOD PRESSURE MAY BE INJURIOUS TO HEALTH.


Graphologists will confidently propose that how somebody writes their signature reveals a great deal about them. For instance, when I write my signature I do it neatly and humbly. I am not making any kind of statement. I am simply writing my name in a manner that other people will find recognisable. Any graphologist worth his or her salt could easily endorse that claim.

In contrast, Trump's signature has become a loud and proud expression of his arrogant character. It is far too big and as other commentators have suggested, it looks like a print off from the Richter scale during an earthquake. The first name, the middle initial and the surname all blend together in a somewhat threatening and aggressive declaration of personhood. 

It is a signature that lacks  compassion or kindness. It speaks of "Me! Me! Me!". Trump's very recent proposition - that the American Embassy should be moved to Jerusalem - underlines his egotistical approach to even the most delicate of political matters. There are many great thinkers who have studied the middle eastern tensions for years but Trump knows best and he wants his inflated, exaggerated signature to underline that pomposity. You'd better believe it buddy!

In contrast, here's the great Abraham Lincoln's signature - easy to read, discreet, kindly and certainly not seeking to make any kind of boastful declaration of power:-

18 comments:

  1. I'd say that the word "ego" neatly sums up Trump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly, he thinks that it's all about him.

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately, Abraham Lincoln is no longer with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is unfortunate. He had intellect, vision and compassion. Three qualities that the present incumbent is sadly lacking in my humble opinion.

      Delete
  3. Even more telling is that his wife, Melania, has adopted almost the exact same scribble.

    I'm willing to bet money that before his term is up that der Drumpf will be diagnosed with dementia. But that's not why he's a creep; he's just a bastard who happens to also have dementia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about Melania Trump's signature Vivian but to me it looks as if she has written "Villain Jimmy". It certainly doesn't look like her name. Instead of being so tentative, why not say what you really feel about President Trump?

      Delete
  4. I really want to drag out my long-unused sewing machine and have two strong people hold Donald down while I sew his lips together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could stitch on some big orange lips. Then he'd be Donald Duck.

      Delete
  5. Graphology is certainly interesting, but not necessarily always right. For instance, because of my poor eye sight, I tend to write relatively large - just so that I can see what I have written. It does not mean that I have a big ego.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. I agree that graphology can often seem to be a very questionable "science".

      Delete
    2. But his signature is not only large but it is pushy, aggressive and arrogant and, I believe, intended to degrade the document that he is signing in order to bring all the attention to who signed it!

      Delete
    3. We are on the same wavelength as usual PT.

      Delete
  6. I'm not a graphologist but I certainly agree with you that Trump's erratic policies are directly linked to his rather sick ego.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine that your signature flows like a Canadian stream in the springtime complete with little birds swooping down.

      Delete
  7. Oh, dear, I'd hate to have my signature analyzed. When I was growing up, there was a school of thought that said a legible signature was too easy to forge, so I developed a brief scrawl for signing cheques. Really, I was just trying to keep my money safe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Jenny. When a graphologist studies your autograph they will see the handiwork of someone whose number one priority is money However, I know that your main priority is the well-being of donkeys.

      Delete
  8. i wonder who taught him to sign his name. I wouldn't have expected more than a cross

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits