25 July 2011

RIP

RIP Norman 1962-2011. That's him above on his wedding day in 1991. He was a "private man" who lived for his family and his dogs. We said farewell to him at York Crematorium today. His mother and father, his sisters, his wife and his sons were naturally distraught. There was no singing, just piped music, including this song by Snow Patrol:-
We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me
And just forget the world?

Afterwards, we went to "The Marcia Inn" at Bishopsthorpe on the south side of York and ate sandwiches and sausage rolls, washed down with ales and soft drinks. When a man of forty nine dies, in the very middle of his adult life, it just doesn't seem fair and the religious promise of the presiding vicar seemed tired and hollow. I shall go out now and drink a couple of pints in memory of Norman. He wasn't my best buddy or anything like that. I only knew him through family connection and we rarely met but I always felt comfortable in his company and we could chat happily together for ages. I knew him for twenty two years and now, tragically, he's gone. Cheers Norman! The rest of us will be joining you before long old son!

3 comments:

  1. Your family has had more than its share of bad news of late. I hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sad - and apparently very sudden. Hope the family will manage OK.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits