21 October 2007

Cycle

"Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness..." Leaving my place of punishment where I am ploughing through uninspiring exercise books and homework projects on a bright October Sunday afternoon, I ventured up our garden to glimpse some of the vividness of another year dying... another cycle almost done... This is what I found:-

Holly berries ripening two months before Christmas.

Apples hanging like nature's baubles from a sky blue ceiling.
My favourite gnarled trunk. The scars run deep.

Leaves aflame like Mediterranean fire fish drying on lines.

7 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes.... very nice pictures.... We have had some wickedly gorgeous blue skies and sunrises and sunsets lately..... It has ALWAYS been my favourite season.... it just makes me feel so frikkin pagan!!!

    FoX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aint autumn gloreeeous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have lived here in my parents upstairs for 6 years now. Less than a month ago, my husband finally got our living room window open. This morning I have windows open all over. Nice very autumn breezes are coming through the house.
    My cats are quite invigorated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're such a naughty pudd'n.... you had me googling all over the place trying to find out whether I'd just signed up to a duff camera!!

    Shame on you....

    FoX

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sunny autumn day has a magic all of its own. We deserve it after the dismal summer. Now get back to the marking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love those leaves. They don't look English somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those leaves are just gorgeous.

    YP, I've tagged you for a music meme. Normally I wouldn't pester you with such things, but this one I think you'll enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits